To mark the 6th year of this journey, Forcepoint is hosting a CDM Program Insights and Trends Breakfast Roundtable on Tuesday morning, October 2nd in Washington, DC. We will be bringing together government leaders from a range of agencies to discuss, collaborate, and share trends and insights about the CDM program.
As the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) hits its sixth year in operation, a lot of important milestones have been achieved. Twenty of the twenty-three CDM covered agencies under the CFO Act are on the federal cybersecurity dashboard, as well as four smaller agencies not covered by the act. Looking forward, another 15 smaller agencies should be on the CDM federal dashboard by the end of September.
That said, every civilian agency’s approach to the CDM is different and there have been many important lessons learned, challenges navigated, and unique tactics deployed over the last 6 years.
To mark the sixth year of this journey, Forcepoint is hosting a CDM Program Insights and Trends Breakfast Roundtable on Tuesday morning, October 2nd in Washington, D.C. We will be bringing together government leaders from a range of agencies to discuss, collaborate, and share trends and insights about the CDM program.
We will also collectively preview the results from a recent Market Connections survey of civilian agencies to better understand the current pulse on CDM. The survey dives into where agencies believe there is room for improvement, the specific challenges agencies have faced in adopting CDM, and what challenges agencies believe CDM will help them solve.
The event will also include a peer-to-peer interactive panel where attendees can hear directly from agency leaders on their approach to CDM, best practices, pain points, and more.
Check out the program agenda below and register here. Space is limited – I’m looking forward to seeing you there.
Please note this event is open to GOVERNMENT ATTENDEES AND CDM PRIMES ONLY.
CDM Insights and Trends Breakfast Agenda | 10.2.18
- 7:00-8:00 AM – Networking/Breakfast
- 8:00–8:20 AM – Sanjay Gupta, SBA CTO – The CDM program has evolved over the years to offer government agencies more flexibility in acquiring security tools. The Small Business Administration’s approach to CDM has been called unorthodox, and the agency’s CTO Sanjay Gupta will provide insights on why SBA challenged the status quo and took a slight departure from CDM’s initial guidelines. He will share SBA’s CDM process, lessons learned, and best practices for other agencies as they design (or redesign) their CDM approach.
- 8:20–8:45 AM – Market Connections Presents CDM Survey Findings– CDM recently marked its 5th year in operation. In response to this milestone, Forcepoint and Market Connections surveyed agency leaders to better understand their perspectives on the rollout of the program and their viewpoints on the future of the program. The initial survey results will be presented and discussed to provide greater insight on how government agencies view the success of the CDM program so far.
- 8:45–9:00 AM – Forcepoint Solutions for CDM – Forcepoint’s approach to CDM is unique. Eric Trexler will share why agencies should consider a human-centric approach focused on the intersection of people, data, and networks as well as the top 5 things that agencies should look for in a CDM vendor.
- 9:00–10:00 AM – Peer-to-Peer Panel with Q&A – Because every agency’s CDM approach is different, this interactive panel will allow attendees to hear directly from agency leaders on their approach to CDM, best practices, pain points, etc.
- 10:00-11:00 AM – General Networking