An Update on Forcepoint’s Digital Customer Engagement Journey
Back in 2020, Forcepoint began redesigning our security products to better align with two massive shifts that impacted customer needs:
1) The accelerated shift to cloud applications and 2) The need to protect workers and data regardless of location. Through that evaluation, a couple of things became clear:
From a product perspective, we needed to focus on building simplified, scalable and highly reliable security products. We could not be successful without building a strong customer support framework that spanned every major stage of the customer lifecycle.
That second realization meant our Customer Success Organization had some real work to do. Since then, my team has been focused on building a world-class Digital Customer Engagement Journey. We listened when our customers told us they wanted a more intuitive and independent self-serve approach, with easy access to timely and relevant information.
For Forcepoint, getting there meant reimagining the customer experience and streamlining our channel partner workflow. We started by improving the Knowledge Base on our support website.The insights from that early work led to numerous improvement investments. We moved from a case-focused experience to a holistic Customer Enablement model based on customer feedback combined with industry best practices.
The CSO team focused on building a framework to support a range of customers and partners from the smallest businesses to our largest global enterprise customers. This work also provided the foundation for the digital Forcepoint Customer Hub that was rolled out in 2021. The hub helped elevate the Forcepoint customer experience in a number of ways:
- It provided a unified search capability powered by machine learning
- It gave customers a streamlined ability to raise, manage, or escalate cases, with a personalized experience that surfaces relevant information during the case creation process
- It gave customers easier access to subscription information and licenses
- The streamlined Community Forum fosters peer interaction between customers, Forcepoint experts and channel partners to find solutions faster
- It offered a new live chat capability we didn’t have before
We’re using analytics from the Forcepoint Customer Hub to inform content interest and relevancy, to surface unique case issues, and to analyze behavioral visit activity. Data from the hub shows that our customers are finding the information they need faster than ever, with an 86% click-through rate via the unified search. We’re also seeing steady increase in the use of the community forum where customers are getting to solutions faster as well. More customers and partners are using resources on the hub every day—resulting in a 25% decrease in time to resolve issues, and our customer satisfaction rating of 95%+ also continues to improve.
While I’m pleased with the progress we’ve made over the last two years on behalf of our customers, I know there’s more we can do. Our CSO team understands that improving the customer journey for all Forcepoint customers is an ongoing process. My organization will continue to focus on providing customers the tools, resources and Forcepoint employee expertise to ensure they receive the support they need at any point in their product journey with us.