Raytheon|Websense 2016 Security Predictions
At the end of every year Raytheon|Websense Security Labs release our annual security predictions report. Our global team of researchers, data scientists and thought-leaders are interviewed to give you the most accurate insights into the changing threat landscape. Using hindsight, insight and foresight we arrive at series of events, situations and behaviors expected to transpire in forthcoming months and years.
This year's predictions span the following areas:
- Attackers are quick to abuse newly created infrastructure and systems. The generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) system is no exception. We analyze the evolving risk borne out of this new capability.
- Attackers frequently see large events as an opportunity to launch cyber attacks on a curious population. What can you expect in relation to the 2016 US Elections and what risks are being presented to your business?
- How will the behavior of your end-users change in a post-privacy society? We explain how this shift will help and hinder your security monitoring.
- End-users are rapidly embracing new payment methods using their cell phones. How will beacons and smart carts influence your exposed attack surface area?
- Your cyber insurance provider will base their analysis on 4 factors. We explain how this will change how security is defined and implemented in your organization.
- Do you adopt the assumption that "you are already compromised"? We discuss the desire to adopt data theft prevention technologies to stem the tide of data breaches.
- As you seek to reduce your level of exposure to vulnerabilities embedded within creaking infrastructure what can you expect in terms of ongoing maintenance efforts and how will this impact your readiness to protect from the latest and most complex attacks?
- Are you deploying connected devices in your environment? We discuss how the Internet Of Things will continue to deliver an expanding attack surface area.
Our full report contains the complete set of 8 predictions for 2016. Each prediction lays out the challenges that we expect you, as defenders of your organizations, will likely encounter along with helpful takeaways to help you build your response to these changes in the landscape.
Click here to Download the Full Raytheon|Websense 2016 Security Predictions Report.