Forcepoint Enables AZ Sint-Lucas Hospital to Safeguard Patient Care
Saving lives—not protecting data—is the top priority for doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals at AZ Sint-Lucas. So, when unsecured web and email access created a risk to sensitive patient information, the hospital turned to Forcepoint for a flexible solution that would not impact care.
- Healthcare professionals working on and off the network required unfiltered access to websites in order to provide patients with the best possible outcome. This meant doctors sending and receiving a substantial amount of unprotected data via smartphones, tablets, or other devices.
- In addition, a study of user behavior discovered that staff visited more non-work-related websites than job-related sites, posing a serious risk for data loss or theft.
- Increasing spam complaints required too much IT team time to handle.
- Significant decline in inappropriate internet usage due to the custom rules: for example, social media is allowed but gaming sites are not.
- YouTube now used as an instructional tool instead of for non-work-related topics.
- Consistent policies now applied to users accessing the internet from home or on-premises.
- Exceeded expectations with a sharp drop in the number of spam complaints.
"As a hospital, we hold a lot of private data that should not fall into the wrong hands…I can safely say that we are now prepared."