Forcepoint Protects Financial Institution from Sophisticated Ransomware
The Proof of Concept for this financial institution demonstrated how effective Forcepoint Web, Email, and DLP could be against advanced, multi-stage threats. The real proof came once the solutions were implemented and Forcepoint helped stave off a sophisticated ransomware attack in real time.
- Meet strict requirements for data security compliance as well as intense scrutiny from customers, regulators, and shareholders.
- During the Proof of Concept (PoC), Forcepoint detected several advanced, multi-staged attacks in real time. The successful PoC was one of the deciding factors for choosing Forcepoint.
- After implementing Forcepoint DLP Network, the bank chose to add Forcepoint Web Security and Email Security to ensure both web and email channels would be properly secured. Lastly, the bank made the decision to acquire Forcepoint Advanced Malware Detection for Email and Web.
- The Forcepoint DLP, Web Security, and Email Security deliver real-time visibility and actionable guidance for the ICT Security team and end users.
- The bank was able to detect and prevent a significant threat to customer PII: Forcepoint detected a highly sophisticated ransomware attack on the network and managed to quarantine every email with the encrypted malicious code, according to the customer.
“I don’t want to think about what might have happened had Forcepoint not prevented an attack of that scale.”