If You're Not Prepared for GDPR, You're Not Alone.
According to Gartner*, less than 50% of all organizations are fully prepared for GDPR compliance.
Are Not Familiar
Over half of organizations are not sufficiently familiar with the scope of the regulation. (Osterman)
GDPR requires data controllers to report rapidly—within 72 hours of data breach discovery.
Records of Personal Data
If an EU resident requests to be forgotten, you must eliminate all individual records that you process or control.**
GDPR Compliance Challenges
Unsure of Personal Data Locations
It can be challenging to locate personal data amongst your organization’s vast sets of data.
Data is Dynamic
Data isn't static; it flows through your supply chain, network, endpoints, and into the cloud.
Data Classification is Not Enough
Traditional data classification cannot guarantee visibility or control to all data regulated by GDPR.
Confidently Prepare for GDPR Compliance
Going beyond data classification to uncover unknown personal data is key to achieving compliance. Forcepoint solutions inventory personal data, providing insight on who accessed it and when. We can help you get started today.
- Discover where your data is with our pre-defined GDPR policies that can locate all personal data on premises, on your network, and on endpoint devices.
- Uncover personal data in hard-to-find places, with OCR capabilities to detect text within images, and identify it as personal data.
- Identify personal data not labeled by your existing data classification system, enable broad visibility.
Map, Manage, and Control Personal Data Flows—Wherever They Are
Data is constantly moving—not only within your organization, but in and out of environments and networks you don't control, such as your partners and suppliers. A comprehensive strategy will enable you to:
- Empower your personal data management strategy with tools that manage data movement across endpoints, as well as to and from cloud-based applications.
- Define and adjust policies for your dynamic environment.
- Control and encrypt your data when it moves externally
Respond and Recover From Incident
GDPR requires organizations to react swiftly when personal data breaches occur. Our offerings enable you to focus on rapid and comprehensive remediation. Forcepoint solutions can:
- Review large data sets, leveraging all structured and unstructured data sources in your organization.
- Provide visibility into events and timelines involved in a data breach.
- Analyze and investigate activities and individuals putting the organization at risk.
*GDPR Clarity: 19 Frequently Asked Questions Answered, by Bart Willemsen, 29 August 2017
**Unless in accordance with law