Forcepoint Adds Advanced Malware Detection to Next Generation Firewalls
Integral Part of a Single Cloud Solution that Protects Networks, Web, Email and Applications at the Intersection of People and Data.
AUSTIN, Texas – April 4, 2017 – Global cybersecurity leader Forcepoint announced immediate availability of the newest release of its Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) software, which adds support for the new cloud-based Forcepoint Advanced Malware Detection service. The combination of Forcepoint NGFW and advanced malware detection capabilities provides open, unobstructed access to critical data and intellectual property everywhere while reducing risk of zero-day attacks and other emerging threats.
“Enterprises and government agencies are grappling with people-centric security risks that range from malicious malware intrusion to inadvertent user errors,” said Antti Reijonen, vice president and general manager of the Network Security business at Forcepoint. “Forcepoint’s Advanced Malware Detection and NGFW work together to bring more visibility to people's actions in the network while keeping attackers out. These new capabilities will also be delivered on our Web Security, Email Security and CASB offerings, making Forcepoint the only NGFW vendor to offer seamless protection against advanced threats to networks, web, email and cloud applications.”
By providing consistent detection of advanced threats across all of the major paths into an organization, Forcepoint can spot malware on one path and rapidly block it on all of the others, even when users are working remotely. The new Advanced Malware Detection service enhances Forcepoint’s NGFW file filtering technology to more deeply analyze transmitted files to identify malicious code and rapidly block it before attackers can breach a network and steal critical data or intellectual property. In addition, networking and security teams can now more easily spot trends that indicate an employee’s behavior and intent to stop bad cyber practices.
NGFW software update and cloud-based service deployed in minutes
The new Forcepoint NGFW 6.2 software release with support for Advanced Malware Detection service delivers additional innovations and benefits including:
- Expanded offerings for MSPs – partners now can offer mission-critical application protection to their clients with Forcepoint Sidewinder Security Proxies, managed centrally by the MSP.
- Automation of policy change management – customers can eliminate manual processes to boost efficiency and simplify audit compliance with policy change approvals built into the Forcepoint NGFW management console.
- Deeper, faster control of encrypted traffic – administrators now have granular control over the rapidly growing volume of encrypted traffic into and out of their networks, with high-performance inspection of HTTPS connections, command-level control of SSH/SFTP applications, and dynamic enforcement of user privacy mandates.
- Automated scalability in virtualized data centers – operations and security teams can automatically provision and control hundreds or thousands of virtual firewalls in VMware NSX environments with support for Open Security Controller (OSC).
- More than a dozen workflow enhancements – IT personnel can even more efficiently deploy, investigate and remediate firewalls and IPSs across their network with numerous automation and user experience improvements in the Forcepoint NGFW Security Management Center (SMC).
The Forcepoint NGFW software release 6.2 and Forcepoint Advanced Malware Detection service are available immediately from Forcepoint’s global network of channel and service provider partners. The new malware protection will also be added to Forcepoint cloud access security broker (CASB), Web and email security services in the third quarter 2017.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Join Forcepoint on Social Media