Forcepoint Simplifies Cybersecurity Through Cloud-Based Behavior Analytics
- New Forcepoint CASB behavior analytics help enterprise and government security teams reduce time to action by focusing on the business impact of highest risk users
- Forcepoint Web Security and Forcepoint Email Security deliver new cloud application controls and Advanced Malware Detection service enabling rapid, secure cloud adoption and management
AUSTIN, Texas – August 1, 2017 – Global cybersecurity leader Forcepoint today fortified its cloud security portfolio to empower security teams with new behavior-driven controls that simplify protection of employees, critical business data and intellectual property (IP). New capabilities now available across Forcepoint CASB, Forcepoint Web Security and Forcepoint Email Security ensure customers around the world can safely embrace, and continue to grow, their business in the cloud.
According to Gartner, the average time to detect a breach is 99 days with an average cost of $4 millioni; however, enterprises can shorten dwell time utilizing data and analytics. The firm expects by 2018 80 percent of endpoint protection platforms will include user activity monitoring and forensic capabilities — up from less than 5 percent in 2013ii, and estimates at least 25 percent of self-discovered enterprise breaches will be found using user and entity behavior analyticsiii.
“Approaching security through a human-centric lens helps organizations better understand indicators of normal cyber behavior and quickly identify activity and operations, such as shadow IT, that pose the biggest risk,” said Kris Lamb, vice president and general manager of the Cloud Security business at Forcepoint. “As enterprises and government agencies shift their applications to SaaS and cloud IT models, they require intelligent systems that quickly spot anomalies, assess risk and facilitate rapid resolution to protect users and their data in an increasingly zero perimeter world.”
Enabling cloud-first security strategies
Forcepoint is delivering today new CASB capabilities that assess the risk posed by file sharing and other cloud applications and protect against the loss of critical business data and IP not stored on a corporate network. Forcepoint CASB now analyzes user behavior and characteristics of the application, such as the data, device and location being accessed. A new single-view User Risk Dashboard reports both employee behavior and, unique to Forcepoint CASB, the potential business impact based on the user’s account permissions within an organization. Security teams can now access actionable insights faster with a full understanding of risk at-a-glance; and, when CASB is used with Forcepoint Advanced Malware Detection powered by Lastline, organizations can be assured their data is fully protected from both risky users and malware posing as a user.
Real-world threats facing enterprises and government agencies today can be thwarted through Forcepoint CASB behavior analytics. For example, banks transitioning from delivering on-premises to cloud-based financial services and infrastructure require protection for employees using Microsoft Office 365 as well as contract developers using Amazon or Azure public clouds to develop custom applications. In healthcare, departing physicians downloading patient files from their electronic health records (EHR) system to personal cloud storage for use in a new practice will raise their user risk ranking and enable quick response by the security team to revoke access and stop the attempted data export.
Forcepoint further enhanced its Forcepoint Web Security and Forcepoint Email Security cloud and on-premises offerings today with new features and tools, including;
- Forcepoint Web Security enhancements enable more granular control of cloud applications and blocking unsanctioned shadow IT.
- Forcepoint Web Security with new cloud migration tools to Forcepoint Web Security Cloud help on-premises appliance customers migrate when ready.
- Advanced Malware Detection (AMD) Powered by Lastline is now available for on-premises and cloud Forcepoint Web Security and Forcepoint Email Security platforms. Integration of AMD sandbox technology enables real-time protection of users anywhere.
- Read the CASB Behavior Analytics Cloud Control and Why Behavior Analytics Matter in Protecting the Cloud posts on the Forcepoint Insights blog
- Download the eBook “Securing the Whenever Wherever Workforce”
- Download the Analyst Report: “The Total Economic Impact of Forcepoint Web Security Cloud and Email Security Cloud (Forrester).”
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
i Source: Gartner, “Smarter with Gartner The Gartner IT Security Approach for the Digital Age” 12 June, 2017; http://www.gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/the-gartner-it-security-approach-for-the-digital-age/
ii Source: Gartner, “Designing an Adaptive Security Architecture for Protection From Advanced Attacks”, by Neil MacDonald and Peter Firstbrook, 28 January 2016; https://www.gartner.com/document/2665515
iii Source: Gartner, Best Practices and Success Stories for User Behavior Analytics, by Avivah Litan, 13 July 2016; https://www.gartner.com/document/2998124
Join Forcepoint on Social Media