EFAFLEX Closes the Door on Data Loss with Forcepoint
EFAFLEX knows how to secure the property of companies around the world with their highly sophisticated industrial door, gate, and safety systems. When EFAFLEX needed to protect its own proprietary innovations from cyber threats and internal leaks, the company turned to Forcepoint.
- Design and development drawings are increasingly the target of hackers and industrial espionage, especially among medium-sized, internationally active companies in the manufacturing industry.
- Unintentional data loss can occur without malicious intent. For example, a mistyped email address could allow attached plans of a new product prototype to fall into the wrong hands.
- Forcepoint Web and Email Security plus Data Loss Prevention combined in a holistic, consistent content security solution.
- Design drawings, CAD files, and documentation files were identified across the company and assigned to security classes.
- New authorization approach, new guidelines for storage of confidential data, and new business processes implemented.
- Forcepoint analyzes “digital fingerprints” of files an employee wants to send or copy to an external storage device. If there is not violation of rules, the file can be sent or copied.