Beyond GDPR: America Wakes Up to Privacy
GDPR may have stolen the limelight in 2018, but it could be America’s turn in 2019: With the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) coming into effect in Jan 2020 and a recent Government Accountability Office (GAO) recommendation that Congress consider enacting a federal internet privacy law, big changes could be coming.
In this webcast, Forcepoint Security Strategist Duncan Brown is joined by IDC’s Research Director for European Security Martin Whitworth as they discuss the possible impact of future American laws, including:
- Factors creating a push for greater regulation
- A look at the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- GAO recommendations and the potential for a federal law – how heavy-handed might it be?
- A broader look at changes in other countries like Canada, Brazil, Australia, and China, and how they compare against GDPR
- Best practices to prepare for change
Watch this webcast and be prepared for future changes that may impact you.