This case study of Crediton Dairy is based on a June 2018 survey of Forcepoint DLP customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Forcepoint DLP:
- Their ability to control and manage data that are subject to regulation
The key features and functionalities of Forcepoint DLP that the surveyed company uses:
- Forcepoint’s DLP helped them easily find and control regulated data or sensitive IP because it:
- Scans files and discovers data they didn’t know existed
- Sets data loss prevention policies across network and endpoint one time and from a single console
- Follows and limits usage of regulated data or sensitive IP with automated application of controls even when the data isn’t on the network
- Reports that the ability to set policies just once utilizing Forcepoint DLP’s single console control is extremely valuable.
- Rates Forcepoint DLP compared to competitive data loss prevention solutions they have used:
- Effectiveness: best in class
- Ease of use: best in class
- Customer support: best in class
- Transition to the cloud: better
- Price: best in class
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Forcepoint DLP:
- Experienced better visibility to data movement within the business
- Reports that Forcepoint’s ability to automate policy enforcement based on user behavior:
- Minimized disruption to users
- Reports that Forcepoint’s DLP helped them get started with their data loss protection project >75% faster than expected.
- Reports that they saw value from their investment in 3-6 months after implementing Forcepoint DLP.
Source: Benjamin Evans, IT Manager, Crediton Dairy