Online Gaming Company Betsson Makes a Sure Bet on Data Security with Forcepoint
As an online gaming company, its customers are Betsson’s most valuable asset. But the company lacked not only protection for customer data but even visibility into when that data was at risk. Betsson turned to Forcepoint Web, Email, and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions to safeguard their prize asset.
- Online gaming generates massive international flows of customer and financial data 24 hours a day.
- Public leaks of information would be disastrous for an operator’s reputation.
- Competitors target the same group of customers, making customer email add highly valued data. However, the company lacked visibility into data movements surrounding that database.
- Betsson chose Forcepoint Web, Email, and DLP to provide visibility and security for over 1,000 endpoints on its network.
- Once monitoring began, it was clear that the main threat did not arise from hackers or financial cybercriminals but from the company’s own staff. Some employees were targeted by competitors but others operated alone. “They were told that if they sent a database file to an anonymous email address, they would be rewarded. As a result, thousands of addresses were copied onto a USB stick to sell to competitors,” said Oskarsson.
- The first time Betsson apprehended even one incident of someone selling customer data, the system paid for itself.