SolarWinds CEO Sudhakar Ramakrishna's Stubborn Optimism
- Why cybersecurity breaches are not a one-company issue, especially when the attack comes from a foreign nation.
- The impact of re-victimizing the victim, its prevalence in media coverage, and considering impact from the perspective of the victim.
- How to manage a crisis with limited resources, including how to put employees and customers first.
- The importance of transparency and continuous, two-way communications, even when you don’t have all the answers.
- What it means to build a culture of trust.
- How the security software community—including vendors, suppliers, researchers, the government, and other authorities—can come together to share information for the sake of their customers.
Ramakrishna’s perspective is particularly important, considering cybersecurity attacks continue to grow more frequent and more sophisticated. But as you’ll hear in the podcast, Ramakrishna still remains optimistic for the security path ahead. Tune in to gain insights into what solutions he believes will help the security software industry better protect their customers, and why people are a critical part of the solution.