As the largest microfinance bank in Latin America, Compartamos Banco’s objective is eradicating financial exclusion by offering basic financial services to the low-income population. The bank expanded the reach of its data protection and improved regulatory compliance by expanding Forcepoint Web Security to the cloud.
- Protect a complex organization that includes 16,000 employees, more than 500 offices, and 2.5 million customers
- Comply with regulations including National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV), Federal Law of Protection of Data in Possession of Individuals (LFDPPP), and international standards
- Expansion of existing Forcepoint Web Security to a hybrid on-premises/cloud implementation with integrated data loss prevention (DLP) to conveniently and cost effectively deliver protection across 500 office
- Better monitoring, timely detection of attacks and users sending inappropriate information, and strengthening of customer personal data protection
- “It changed the role of IT personnel from a maintenance and operational role to a monitoring role that allows adding value to the operation,” said Luis Felipe Rubalcava, Deputy Director of Communications and Security of Compartamos Banco
- ROI is measured by financial impact of attacks or leaks avoided plus the value added to the bank’s credibility and reputation