Compartamos Banco Safeguards Data in Order to Better Serve its Customers
As the largest microfinance bank in Latin America, Compartamos Banco’s objective is eradicating financial exclusion by offering basic financial services to the low-income population. The bank expanded the reach of its data protection and improved regulatory compliance by expanding Forcepoint Web Security to the cloud.
- Protect a complex organization that includes 16,000 employees, more than 500 offices, and 2.5 million customers.
- Comply with regulations including National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV), Federal Law of Protection of Data in Possession of Individuals (LFDPPP), and international standards.
- Expansion of existing Forcepoint Web Security to a hybrid on-premises/cloud implementation with integrated data loss prevention (DLP) to conveniently and cost-effectively deliver protection across 500 offices.
- Better monitoring, timely detection of attacks and users sending inappropriate information, and strengthening of customer personal data protection.
- “It changed the role of IT personnel from a maintenance and operational role to a monitoring role that allows adding value to the operation,” said Luis Felipe Rubalcava, Deputy Director of Communications and Security of Compartamos Banco.
- ROI is measured by the financial impact of attacks or leaks avoided plus the value added to the bank’s credibility and reputation.
"The executive committee understood the implementation as a 100% necessary step for the growth of Compartamos Banco."