Express Newspapers Safely Utilizes the Power of Social Media with Forcepoint
As social media has become a larger part of online life, it has provided an invaluable tool for UK media company Express Newspapers. However, this same tool also created a rich hunting ground for cyber criminals. To combat this, the company chose a proactive approach that could protect the company and its users: Forcepoint Web Security.
- The evolution of social media means it’s no longer a “home-only” tool. It has proved crucial for media companies, but at the same time gives cyber criminals a large number of potential targets.
- As social media evolved, so did the level of attacks. Cyber criminals use social engineering tactics with business-related and personal themes, phishing for victims to accidentally download and share malicious content with coworkers.
- In order to effectively protect its employees and assets, Express Newspapers needed a more advanced security solution: Forcepoint Web Security.
- Easy configurability and flexibility mean that sections of the company have access to social media while others don’t.
- Forcepoint Web Security provides a comprehensive real-time, inline security solution that continues to protect the company against advanced threats.
Express Newspapers produces the national newspapers Daily Star and Daily Express.
“We immediately saw returns with Forcepoint. It’s a win for us.”