New Forcepoint Data Visibility Takes the Guesswork Out of Locating Sensitive Data and Unauthorized User Access Pathways
AUSTIN, Texas – Nov. 15, 2022 – Global security leader Forcepoint today announced the worldwide availability of Forcepoint Data Visibility powered by Getvisibility, which provides clear views of all unstructured data to reduce the risk of data loss, data breaches and non-compliance. The combination of panoramic data visibility, AI models for highly accurate and efficient classification, continuous monitoring, and precise control delivers greater automation to Forcepoint’s complete data security solution.
“Businesses and governments today must have a comprehensive data security strategy that sheds light on what data they have, where it’s located, and how to prioritize actions to prevent misuse, theft and wasted resources,” said Rees Johnson, Chief Product Officer for Forcepoint. “Forcepoint Data Visibility brings much needed intelligence and automation to help security teams quickly uncover risk, reduce costs and ensure the right access controls to business data, continuously leveraging the power of AI.”
“…organizations (of which there are many) need to get serious about data classification and use it as a dependency for other Zero Trust projects, lest they fail to understand what it is they are even trying to protect,” wrote David Holmes, senior analyst, in the Forrester report, Best Practices for Zero Trust Microsegmentation (June 2022).
Data can be an asset. But when it is unseen and unknown by security, tucked into multiple clouds and private data centers or saved on thousands of endpoints, that data represents real risk and hard costs. Multiple copies or extraneous files, known as redundant, obsolete or trivial (ROT) data, have no business or legal value, yet they consume expensive storage space. Whether it is intellectual property, sensitive customer information or stale documents, trying to find all of this data with typical discovery and classification tools often requires a lot of time and human intervention to deliver results.
Forcepoint Data Visibility provides fast, actionable discovery, classification and monitoring. Forcepoint applies AI-based self-learning models to increase the efficiency and accuracy of finding, categorizing and classifying data everywhere it is stored. Organizations can utilize Forcepoint Data Visibility to locate and catalogue data, and then leverage Forcepoint’s enterprise data security suite to prevent data exfiltration - where it becomes most valuable to attackers.
Key Data Visibility features include:
- Multi-system scanning of file servers, cloud resources, laptops and desktops eliminate blind spots.
- AI-assisted document classification and tagging achieves automated accuracy of over 95 percent, across 70 fields. Forcepoint also provides highly customized categorization and classification models “out-of-the-box” to further speed discovery and tagging for various industries and sectors.
- In-depth reporting allows stakeholders at all levels to have a clear, tangible view of unstructured data according to their specific business requirements.
- Permissions controls allow security teams to limit access to files and folders to the minimum level required for users to do their jobs. Forcepoint’s detailed reporting on data access and fine-grained controls simplify how organizations create a highly secure Zero Trust environment of least privilege for their data, regardless of its location and usage.
Forcepoint brings decades of data security experience and innovation to deliver the most complete data security solution available today. To learn more visit: https://www.forcepoint.com/product/dlp-data-loss-prevention
- Read the blog: “Forcepoint Data Visibility Provides Panoramic View of Your Company’s Data”
- Discover Forcepoint Data Visibility
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint creates safe, trusted environments for customers and their employees in more than 150 countries. Engage with Forcepoint on www.forcepoint.com, Twitter and LinkedIn.