Watch the Webcast
Future Insights 2022: Data Security - Learning from Healthcare
The COVID-19 pandemic irrevocably changed global healthcare. IT infrastructure was deployed hastily and organizations were forced to accelerate the adoption of new technologies and services.
Whilst this uptake was imperative to continue the delivery of life-saving services and treatment, cybercriminals recognized this vulnerability and compromised confidential patient data, according to the 2021 Ponemon Cost of a Data Breach Report, Healthcare was the top industry in average cost of a breach for the 11th year in a row – with nearly a 30% increase, rising from $7.13M to $9.23M in 2021.
It is therefore crucial that all industries learn from the challenges faced by the Healthcare industry and look ahead at how they can be better prepared.
Join this session to learn:
- Why cybersecurity in healthcare couldn’t afford to be competitive?
- Where should organizations look to invest their budget (if limited)?
- How to securely make confidential data accessible to staff on and off-site.
- Why a balance between steady improvement security without negatively impacting the availability of critical medical technology.
- The difficulty of implementing an industry-wide security standard.
- Alex Hilton, CEO, Cloud Industry Forum
- Kevin Oliveira, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Forcepoint
- David W. Reis, Chief Information Officer at University of Miami Health System