Watch the Webcast
Securing the Edge in Higher Education: A Fireside Chat with SUNY Plattsburgh
With the rising number of threats that lurk on the outside, and the added complexity of students and faculty both on-site and virtual, you need to work harder than ever to maintain uninterrupted connectivity and control over widely distributed networks. This can be more difficult to manage over the long term.
Spend 45 minutes with Jim Lucas, Network Manager at SUNY Plattsburgh and hear how they've gained visibility and performance through Forcepoint Next-Generation Firewall, protecting them from external threats while enabling free sharing of information and content within the university environment.
- The firewalls act as a “first line of defense”
- Actively blocks blocked by the firewalls
- The Security Management Center provides the power and flexibility to manage the firewalls centrally and efficiently
- The network team is able to leverage Forcepoint Next-Gen Firewall to troubleshoot application-level problems, such as desktop scanning/printer issues for example, by examining network traffic
- With the redundancy features, their uptime is over 99.999%
- Jim Lucas, Network Manager, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Yuval Sarig, Sr. Solutions Engineer, Forcepoint
- Cat Allen, Product Marketing Manager and moderated, Forcepoint