Forcepoint Named a “Top Player” in the Radicati Group: Data Loss Prevention Market Quadrant 2023 Report
Forcepoint is honored to be named a "Top Player" in The Radicati Group Data Loss Prevention - Market Quadrant 2023.
The report evaluates vendors on functionality and breadth of vision, with the highest rated vendors placed in the “Top Player” quadrant.
Top Players are “…the current market leaders with products that offer, both breadth and depth of functionality, as well as possess a solid vision for the future."
Security professionals sometimes complain that DLP is an outdated security method that’s getting passed by for more effective security methods. Radicati disagrees with this thinking, predicting very robust DLP market growth in the next 5 years. In fact, they estimate the market for DLP solutions is expected to grow from $2.2 billion in 2023 to nearly $5.6 billion by 2027.
That prediction is telling for a couple of reasons: 1) It explains the increasing number of new DLP entrants just in the last year (over 62 DLP vendors in the DLP market in 2022!). And 2) It also helps explain why traditional software players like Microsoft are seeking to grow their DLP business over the last couple of years.
That said, we know the cybersecurity industry doesn’t sit still—Forcepoint understands the changes in the evolving security landscape and why security professionals are looking to implement modern concepts like Secure Service Edge (SSE) and Secure Access Service Edge (SASE). For us, protecting data where it is being accessed and where it resides is key.
In response, we’re honing data security capabilities into a holistic approach through our 4 pillars of the Data Security Lifecycle (discover, classify, monitor, and protect). This holistic approach along with orienting our data security portfolio across these pillars is one of the key reasons Forcepoint was recently recognized as a leader in the Forrester Wave™: Data Security Platforms Q1 2023.
We continue to innovate our DLP capabilities and have done some key things that helped pushed us up and to the right in Radicati’s DLP Market Quadrant for 2023. Some key areas of Forcepoint innovation:
- Forcepoint ONE Cloud - Forcepoint launched last year a fully cloud-native DLP SaaS solution with coverage of cloud applications, web traffic and private cloud applications. Forcepoint ONE DLP is a feature of our Forcepoint ONE platform. It takes advantage of the AWS hyperscaler architecture with ability to scan large volumes of data at rest in cloud storage in hours instead of days. It also has 99.99% uptime with no scheduled downtime. It provides protection across a broad range of unmanaged devices including BYOD, Chromebooks, ARM devices, IoT and more.
- Forcepoint Enterprise DLP - This is Forcepoint’s keystone DLP solution – widely deployed across thousands of organizations and multiple industries. Forcepoint continues to innovate on this platform, maintaining our leadership in protecting data globally from the endpoint to the cloud. Recent innovations have included exact data match fingerprinting scalability (up to 600 million fields!), customizable end-user prompts, and greater customization in Forcepoint Risk-Adaptive Protection.
Additional key strengths called out about Forcepoint DLP in the Radicati report:
- Robust channel protection - Forcepoint protects data across a wide set of channels including endpoint, web, network, email and cloud. Our goal is to provide customers with ‘DLP Everywhere’ – protecting data everywhere people work and anywhere that data resides.
More channels are coming. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for news regarding additional channel coverage that leverages the Forcepoint ONE platform. The new coverage will provide an easy on-ramp for customers wanting to take advantage of Forcepoint ONE’s CASB, SWG, and ZTNA within the Forcepoint FSM. More details to come soon!
- Unified policy controls with centralized management - We look to provide “one policy to rule them all,” allowing customers to completely manage policies across all channels/security vectors from a single policy interface.
- Risk-adaptive protection - The report calls out that Forcepoint “provides an integrated security analytics solution which is used to identify high-risk interactions with sensitive data and present a prioritized view of DLP cases with risk scores to help guide security operations teams.”
Check out more in the full Radicati report. Also look out for a forthcoming announcement in a few weeks combining Forcepoint ONE capabilities with our award-winning on-prem DLP to help customers protect their data across even more channels.