Gartner Magic Quadrant For Enterprise Data Loss Prevention Positions Forcepoint As A Leader For Eighth Time
Recognized for its TRITON® AP-DATA product line for on-premise, cloud assets and capabilities
AUSTIN, Texas – February 17, 2016 – Forcepoint*,a global leader in empowering organizations to drive business forward through transformative security technologies, has been recognized by Gartner Inc. as a “Leader”(1) in the "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention” (2) for the eighth time.
Forcepoint’s Data Loss Prevention (DLP) products, including TRITON AP-DATA Discover, TRITON AP-DATA Gateway and TRITON AP-ENDPOINT DLP, are a core part of the Forcepoint™ TRITON APX architecture delivering adaptive capabilities, real-time defenses and predictive and actionable threat intelligence across the entire threat lifecycle.
“We’re pleased to once again be acknowledged by Gartner as a Leader in enterprise DLP,” said John McCormack, Forcepoint CEO. “Our solutions continue to be a model for comprehensive data protection because of our ability to respond to our customer’s strategic security priorities, including the insider threat and cloud service adoption, and deliver innovative features to help address those challenges.”
Forcepoint TRITON AP-DATA is used by global brands and organizations to protect intellectual property, customer data (personally identifiable information or PII) and address regulatory compliance requirements. The solution has a long history of DLP innovation and market firsts, including:
- DLP for cloud collaboration platforms - discovery of sensitive content stored in Box, Microsoft Exchange Online and Microsoft SharePoint Online (part of Microsoft Office 365) using Native APIs.
- Insider Threat detection – providing predefined DLP policies to identify insider threats and compromised endpoints using advanced content analysis and content awareness techniques.
- IP protection for a mobile workforce – protecting both structured (database records) and unstructured (documents) data sets stored on corporate laptops that are away from corporate networks, e.g. in use in a hotel or a home office.
- Full DLP policy enforcement on Microsoft Windows 10 and Apple OS X – preventing data loss via web browsers, email clients, removable storage devices, cloud storage services, IM clients and network printing.
Forcepoint’s enterprise DLP technology is also integrated into both the TRITON AP-WEB (Secure Web Gateway) and TRITON AP-EMAIL (Secure Email Gateway) platforms. Integrated DLP enables businesses to take a phased approached to rolling out and implementing an enterprise DLP program.
Forcepoint has also recently rolled out integration between SureView ® Insider Threat, a user behavioral analytics solution that identifies high risk employees based on their activities, and TRITON AP-DATA.
Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention evaluation follows similar recognition of Forcepoint*by Gartner, including being named for the sixth consecutive year as a Leader in Gartner’s 2015 “Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways” (3) and being placed in the Visionaries Quadrant of its 2015 “Magic Quadrant for Secure Email Gateways” (4).
Click here to download the “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention.”
- As defined by Gartner, leaders have products that work well for Gartner clients in midsize and large deployments. They have demonstrated a good understanding of client needs and generally offer comprehensive capabilities in all three functional areas — network, discovery and endpoint. They have strong management interfaces, and have tight integration with other products within their brands or through well-established partnerships and meaningful integrations. They offer aggressive roadmaps and usually deliver on them. Their DLP products are well-known to clients and are frequently found on RFP shortlists.
- This Magic Quadrant analyzes solutions that are optimized for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention. Magic Quadrants offer visual snapshots, in-depth analyses and actionable advice that provide insight into a market's direction, maturity and participants. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- “Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways” by Lawrence Orans, Peter Firstbrook, 28 May 2015
- “Magic Quadrant for Secure Email Gateways” by Peter Firstbrook, Neil Wynne, 29 June 2015
Forcepoint’s portfolio of products safeguards users, data and networks against the most determined adversaries, from accidental or malicious insider threats to outside attacks, across the entire threat lifecycle. Forcepoint protects data everywhere – in the cloud, on the road, in the office – simplifying compliance and enabling better decision-making and more efficient security. Forcepoint empowers organizations to concentrate on what’s most important to them while automating routine security tasks. More than 20,000 organizations around the world rely on Forcepoint. Based in Austin, Texas, with worldwide sales, service, security laboratories and product development, Forcepoint is a joint venture of Raytheon Company and Vista Equity Partners. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.