Building Your Capability to Fight Cybercrime
Office of the CSO
Whether you are creating a new security strategy for your company or agency, assessing or improving your existing security program or even actively under attack, the Forcepoint™ Office of the CSO can help support you at every step. Each of our experts brings to bear decades of industry experience to address your specific needs.
Our focus is on collaboration to enable your organization to achieve its utmost goals. As our experts work throughout the security community, we share the wisdom of the world's most consistently secure organizations, reveal the latest tactics of cybercriminals, and help you transform your security strategy.
Pro Bono Help for Every Stage of Your Security Strategy
The Forcepoint Office of the CSO has created a set of innovative resources to help you attain a highly efficient and effective security program:
- Threat Strategy Assessment — In a two-hour tabletop exercise, our senior security leaders analyze your security to help you understand the threats your organization faces and how it is positioned to defend against them.
- Security Framework Review — We perform a threat simulation test in a safe sandbox environment to find out how well your organization's defenses are stopping the latest malware and other threats. Our security executives will share the latest security intelligence and cutting-edge tools from Forcepoint Security Labs, and show you how to use threat modeling and “attack trees” to understand your risk and blind spots.
- Setup for CSO Success — We give new CSOs and CISOs a tool kit to earn quick wins, increase visibility, deliver a strategy for security success, and turn an organization’s biggest vulnerability — its employees — into its biggest security asset.
- Prepping for Boardroom — We can help you formulate more effective boardroom communication strategies by identifying your organization’s weaknesses and aligning security initiatives with corporate IT and business plans.
- Custom Consultations — If you need help in any area of enterprise security not mentioned above, please contact us to find out what we can do for you.
To inquire about any of our services, please fill out this form so that we can contact you directly.
Meet Forcepoint’s Experts
Louis Smith Jr. - Director Sales Engineering & Security Strategy
Louis Smith Jr., based out of the New York Metro region, represents the Office of the CISO at Forcepoint where he’s responsible for all aspects of the dissemination of Forcepoint’s Security Strategy.
With over 15 years of Information Security experience, he’s highly regarded as a leader in promoting Security Strategy & Vision. Through his involvement as Director of Field Engineering in the Northeast & Canadian region, and with focus on Financial, Telco & Pharma verticals, he’s spent a great deal of time discussing threat landscape to Prospects, Customers & Channel Partners.
Prior to joining Forcepoint, he was a hands-on Field Engineer for Blue Coat, Permeo, and served as a Global Field Engineer for AEP Networks where he evangelized advanced encryption security to EMEA and APAC regions.
Michael Crouse - Director Federal Technical Sales (Insider Threat Strategies)
Michael Crouse is the Director of Federal Technical Sales (Insider Threat Strategies) where he oversees the overall strategy for identifying new global growth opportunities within the US Government and private industry. Crouse works closely with top decision-makers and lends key influence in helping them develop new security policies, specifically with regard to cybersecurity, audit/user activity monitoring requirements and the detection/mitigation of external and internal threats.
Crouse possesses over a quarter-century of experience supporting Commercial and Federal Organizations starting as an Electrical Engineer/Project Lead for the National Security Agency (NSA) and expanding his career with various companies including Stanford Telecom, ITT Industries, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and now Forcepoint.
Crouse graduated from the University of Akron, from which he holds a bachelor of science in Electrical Engineering. Crouse also earned a Master of Science degree in electrical engineering from Johns Hopkins University; Program Manager Professional certification through Program Management Institute; and Certified Insider Threat Program Manager through Software Engineering Institute via Carnegie Mellon University.
Michael Knapp - Director of Network Security Architects (Americas)
Michael Knapp is the Director of Network Security Architects for the America’s at Forcepoint and is responsible for managing a team of industry Network Security experts across the America’s which collaborates on global solution strategies.
With over 24 years in IT, networking infrastructure, and information security, Knapp has covered numerous industries including banking, healthcare, government, manufacturing, energy, retail, and defense. Prior to joining Forcepoint, Knapp has held various global roles at Intel, Cisco, McAfee, Cyrix, and IBM.
Knapp is an active member of groups such as InfraGard, ICS-CERT ICSJWG, and ISSA. Knapp holds CISSP, CEH, CTT, and numerous vendor certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, and Intel.
Neil Thacker - Information Security & Strategy Officer
Neil Thacker, CISSP, CEH, OPST, is the information security and strategy officer for EMEA at Forcepoint. Thacker has 15 years of experience in the information security industry, including 10 years of financial services experience in the insurance and banking arena. Thacker is a member of the ENISA Threat Landscape stakeholder group, where he contributes to the EU agency program alongside CERTs to position the threat landscape and offer mitigation advice and threat analysis innovation.
Thacker is also co-founder of the Security Advisor Alliance, a not-for-profit organization formed to help security leaders in their roles and offer free advice and tools to move toward improved risk and data-centric strategies.