Building Your Capability to Fight Cybercrime
Office of the CSO
Whether you are creating a new security strategy for your company or agency, assessing or improving your existing security program or even actively under attack, the Forcepoint™ Office of the CSO can help support you at every step. Each of our experts brings to bear decades of industry experience to address your specific needs.
Our focus is on collaboration to enable your organization to achieve its utmost goals. As our experts work throughout the security community, we share the wisdom of the world's most consistently secure organizations, reveal the latest tactics of cybercriminals, and help you transform your security strategy.
Pro Bono Help for Every Stage of Your Security Strategy
The Forcepoint Office of the CSO has created a set of innovative resources to help you attain a highly efficient and effective security program:
- Threat Strategy Assessment — In a two-hour tabletop exercise, our senior security leaders analyze your security to help you understand the threats your organization faces and how it is positioned to defend against them.
- Security Framework Review — We perform a threat simulation test in a safe sandbox environment to find out how well your organization's defenses are stopping the latest malware and other threats. Our security executives will share the latest security intelligence and cutting-edge tools from Forcepoint Security Labs™, and show you how to use threat modeling and “attack trees” to understand your risk and blind spots.
- Setup for CSO Success — We give new CSOs and CISOs a tool kit to earn quick wins, increase visibility, deliver a strategy for security success, and turn an organization’s biggest vulnerability — its employees — into its biggest security asset.
- Prepping for Boardroom — We can help you formulate more effective boardroom communication strategies by identifying your organization’s weaknesses and aligning security initiatives with corporate IT and business plans.
- Custom Consultations — If you need help in any area of enterprise security not mentioned above, please contact us to find out what we can do for you.
To inquire about any of our services, please fill out this form so that we can contact you directly.
Meet Forcepoint’s Experts
Chief Information Security Officer
David Barton is the Chief Information Security Officer for Forcepoint, responsible for securing the company and sharing our key learnings with customers. Barton brings to his role more than 20 years of experience in security leadership across a variety of sectors including telecommunications, healthcare, software development, finance and government.
Prior to joining the company in 2015, he spent three years as the Head of Information Security at Hireright, where he was responsible for securing the company’s information and physical assets on a global scale. Previously, Barton spent almost eight years as the Director of Information Security at AT&T/Cingular in Atlanta, where he led efforts to protect 80-plus million wireless subscribers. As Group Manager of Security Operations and Engineering at Sprint/Nextel, Barton managed all security activities for application development, database architecture and enterprise policy and audit compliance in addition to building a world-class white hat security team.
Barton holds an MBA from the University of Missouri – Kansas City and a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems from Simpson College. He is also a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Information Security & Strategy Officer
Neil Thacker, CISSP, CEH, OPST, is the information security and strategy officer for EMEA at Forcepoint. Thacker has 15 years of experience in the information security industry, including 10 years of financial services experience in the insurance and banking arena. Thacker is a member of the ENISA Threat Landscape stakeholder group, where he contributes to the EU agency program alongside CERTs to position the threat landscape and offer mitigation advice and threat analysis innovation.
Thacker is also co-founder of the Security Advisor Alliance, a not-for-profit organization formed to help security leaders in their roles and offer free advice and tools to move toward improved risk and data-centric strategies.
Information Security and Strategy Officer
Lamont Orange is the Chief Information Security Officer for Vista Equity Partners, a leading private equity firm focused on investing in software and technology-enabled businesses. He is the former information security and strategy officer for Websense, Inc. In that role, he was responsible for developing, maintaining and socializing the company's internal security program.
Orange has more than 15 years of experience in the information security industry, having previously served as vice president of enterprise security for Charter Communications and as senior manager for the security and technology services practice at Ernst & Young.
Orange is a founding board member of the Security Advisor Alliance (SAA). He is also a member of the Cybersecurity Forum Initiative, where he served a section leader reviewing proposed cybersecurity legislation, analyzing it for cybersecurity impacts and policy considerations. Orange is an adjunct faculty member for Washington University’s Masters of Cyber Security Program.