Filter and Disguise Data in Secure Training and Testing Environments
SimShield™ TENA, certified for SABI, has proven that our military training forces can effectively participate in live training excercises without compromising data security. SimShield TENA will reshape combat training efforts by providing the most realistic training experience available today.
Mission readiness for agents, troops and equipment is essential to warfighter and national security. SimShield helps you build that readiness by enabling secure data exchange during training and testing.
Connecting training and testing environments under real-world conditions – across security boundaries – allows for more effective training and more efficient test events. That means better trained warfighters and more thoroughly and quickly tested equipment, while achieving overall cost savings.
SimShield is an accredited Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) fixed-format data guard with the capability to label, segregate, protect and exchange data between systems executing at different sensitivity or classification levels. SimShield meets the requirements for data format, near real-time performance and low latency for distributed simulation operations, live training exercises and test events.
SimShield also means lower training costs. Your organization saves money because it can simultaneously train multiple groups, whether from different agencies or multinational forces. In live, virtual and constructive (LVC) training environments, SimShield provides secure interoperability across networks at multiple classification levels, which allows the most realistic and beneficial training exercises for U.S. and Coalition troops by enabling training assets at different security classifications to fully communicate and securely interact, creating the most realistic training exercises possible.
Meanwhile, testing costs are reduced through earlier detection and correction of issues and errors. For example, in the Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) environment, SimShield allows tests on distributed components to be performed in near real time and analyzed in a matter of hours. This drastically reduces testing cycle time, which provides large financial benefits.
SimShield consists of two components: the Policy Editor™ and the Trusted Bridge™. The Policy Editor is an easy-to-use graphical user interface that permits security classification and domain experts to enter and review reclassification rules governing the intercommunication between single level training/simulation networks. Once approved, the administrator can install and implement the configured rule set on the Trusted Bridge in a matter of minutes.
- Included on the Unified Cross Domain Services Management Office (UCDSMO) Baseline List
- The only accredited TENA guard available
- Evaluated by the High Performance Computing Modernization Program Office (HPCMPO) for connection to Defense Research & Engineering Network (DREN) and Secure Defense Research & Engineering Network (SDREN)
- Permits secure connectivity between classified simulators and the rest of the simulation
- Provides fully automated, predictable, controlled and audited two-way communication and sanitization of events across security domains
- Enables the interconnection of RDT&E networks at different sensitivity levels, which moves system tests earlier in the lifecycle
- Provides a user-friendly interface for creation of classification filter rules
- Enables interoperability between previously discrete testing and training activities, thereby eliminating redundancies and costs
- Natively supports Distributive Interactive Simulation (DIS), High Level Architecture (HLA), Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA), Real-Time Transport (RTP) and MPEG2-TS protocols
- Allows object model or protocol changes without affecting security posture