Alphawest Protects its Network and Customer Confidence with Forcepoint
A key factor in ICT support organization Alphawest’s success has been its ability over the years to keep pace with changing technologies, business practices, and customer expectations. When increased SaaS usage and customer security demands made adapting necessary, the company turned to Forcepoint.
- Customers became more aware of security, demanding protection of confidential information, including sensitive client and partner emails, as a contractual requirement.
- Increasing use of SaaS applications with 25% of business systems hosted outside the perimeter. This put not only data in the cloud at risk, but also business systems that could be vulnerable to malware finding its way back into the network.
- Significant amount of unsolicited email now stopped in the cloud, reducing the overall amount of email by around 80%.
- Users empowered to release their own captured email, reducing the number who need to contact the service desk.
- Reduced complexity for the IT team, removing any need to manage separate internet gateway solutions for BlackBerrys, corporate devices, and nonstandard devices.
"We have significantly reduced complexity, increased our security, and given ourselves a level of visibility we never had before."